Thursday 23 May 2013


It was hard try to choose a picture but I did it. This photo was taken for Vivian Maier. I will talk about her before make some comments about the picture because for me it's important to know a little of her life. 
First, she wasn't a professional photographer, she was amateur. In fact she worked as a nanny for forty years in Chicago. In her free time she went out and took photo of the things that called her attention in the streets. She never shared her work with someone else, so nobody saw her work until 2007, when a historian and collector called John Maloof discovered it. Thanks to him, who started to show their work, we can see her amazing photos.
The photo I chose doesn’t have a title, but I know it was taken in New York on 1955. If I have to say what was exactly the place I would say that looks like the Central Park.
The reasons I like this photo are many. In first place I like the landscape. I don’t love the cold weather, but the snow is beautiful. Also, the trees without their leaves are something that I always like to look and in this picture we can observe it perfectly. Another reason is the perspective of the photography. It makes that the man in the center (between the rows of trees)look so lonely. And this is the most I love.


Before finish I share with you a Vivian Maier's self portrait and  the website with her work : http://www.vivianmaier.com


1 comment:

  1. When I read your post I imagined to Vivian like a feminine woman, but I confused her with a men in the picture.

    ReplyDelete