Thursday 18 July 2013

I don’t have a favorite subject; I just like some contents that we have learned in different classes. Anyway, the subject I like the most is Biology (but I’m not sure, Anthropology I, makes me doubt). The class doesn’t have anything special; the teacher stands in front of the class and talks about the contents that we have to learn and asks some questions to the students. Also, periodically we have seminars, once or twice a month. In those seminars we are evaluated. Before the seminars, we have to read texts in English and after the test we talk about the texts.

The main contents that we have learned are: Characteristics of living beings, Cell Biology, Ecology (Ecology also involves: population, ecosystem, relations between organisms, among others) and Genetics (central dogma of Molecular Biology, Mendel's discoveries, genetic diseases, etc.). The last content of the subject is Evolution, but we haven't studied that content yet.

I like this subject because I think it’s interesting. The things that we can learn are many. I have to say that to me is a little weird to say this because in the school I enjoyed humanistic subjects. Though I liked Biology, my grades weren’t very good. By the way, in that time I tried to avoid the rest of the sciences.

1 comment:

  1. The seminars are the worst for me hahaha because we have to read biological text in english!!!! it was very difficult!!!!

    ReplyDelete